Craft Buddy Brand Ambassador

Thursday 5 May 2016

Your the Bees Knees.

Hello and thank you for popping over and having a read of my blog. This blog post is full of tutorial details, pictures and links to the main products I have used from both Hunkydory Crafts and Stix2. 
When I was thinking of a design of card to make I started by just stamping out the stamps and when I came to the triple honeycomb stamps on the Bees Knees stamp sheet, I instantly thought of some sort of hexagon shape to have on the front of the card. This is when my ScanNCut yet again comes in very handy indeed. The quickness of setting up the shapes on the screen and cutting them out on all the coloured card stock I wanted them cut out of was very much time saving. It's one of those cards that I really enjoyed creating from the start to finish. 
 The products I have used to create this card are as followed;
  
Hunkydory Crafts;
"Ink Me" card stock
Bees knees Stamp set 
Wishes on Wings - Honeybees and Ladybugs
3mm black gems 

Stix2;
9mm double sided tape
2mm 3D foam pads 
Microdots
A4 yellow gingham cardstock
Ivory 8x8 card stock - cut down to 7x7"
Non stick craft sheet

Bazzill Basics;
Deep yellow smooth card stock
Black smooth card stock

Additional;
Spectrum noir pencils 
 Nature set - 094, 092, 044, 108 & 113
 Floral set - 016 & 088
Blending solution
Paper stumps for blending
True black spectrum noir pen
Tuxedo black memento ink pad 
Brother ScanNCut



Step by step;

1- Cut a piece of yellow gingham card stock to 6 3/4" X 6 3/4" and stamp the triple honeycomb design randomly onto the card. 


2- Once stamped, Matt onto deep yellow card stock then again onto black card stock. Then attach onto card blank. 


3- Using the hexagon shape in my brother scan n cut machine, I have cut a piece of the following coloured card stock to each size; 
Black card stock to 6 3/4" X 5 1/2"
Deep yellow stock to 5" X 5 1/4" (outside) and 4 1/2" X 4" (inside)
Yellow gingham stock to 5 3/4" X 5" (outside) and 4 3/4" X 4 1/4"


4- Using the deep yellow hexagon shape, I have drawn a light pencil line around the inside onto a piece of white smooth card stock. This gives me a guide of where to stamp into. 



5- Using your chosen colouring medium, colour in your stamped design. In my case, I have chosen spectrum noir pencils. Once coloured, lightly rub out the pencil line.

6- Using the deep yellow hexagon place onto your coloured image and attach using your adhesive. When I'm place, trim the excess off. 


7- Assemble the additional hexagon layers and attach to the card base of the honey comb stamped yellow gingham card using 3D foam pads. 

8- Take a bumble bee laser cut shape and colour in using a black permanent pen. I have used spectrum noir black pen. Attach to your card using adhesives.
 

9- Add a few black gems in top corner and card is complete.

No comments: