Craft Buddy Brand Ambassador

Sunday 1 May 2016

Melbourne elegance with Sue Wilson.

Well 2nd blog post in a week? Somethings strange is going on? 
 This blog post is all about Sue Wilson. If you have seen my posts on my card creations page (www.facebook.com/craigscardcreations) then you will know how much I love sues die collections by Creative Expressions. To me personally, they are the best. So detailed yet easy to use. You can go all out and create a gorgeous card using many of the dies together or you can also create a simple card using 1 die and for it to equally look gorgeous. 
 This card is one that Iv taken idea elements from a card she previously made but I have used the Australian die collection, well the Melbourne die set. I have used a piece of her brand new paper pad in the background too. It's very subtle and discreet in the background but it really helps to add that bit of interest. 
 The centre square has been created using "Yorkshire Dales" Guilding flakes by Indigo Blu and a4 double sided sheet from Stix2. Guilding flakes to me were abit like glitter in the fact I didn't enjoy using them as the slight breeze or breath and they went everywhere. Now, I really do love guiding flakes. The look and effects that you get are simply stunning and indigo Blu produce some of the most stunning colour shades. 
 

 The way I have created this card is as follows;

I have taken a piece of white textured card and cut it to 7 1/2" X 7 1/2". Then Using my fiskars trimmer I have created an aperture in the centre of the White card. Leaving an 1 1/2"'border all around. 

Then I have Matted it onto black card that is 3mm bigger Than the White card and again cut an aperture from the black card leaving roughly a 3mm border on the outside.

I have placed a piece of Sue Wilson background paper on the back of the aperture so it shows through. 

I have placed the guided squared in the centre of the background aperture but used 3D foam pads to create a raised element. 

I have then used the Melbourne dies and cut the black card stock with all the die detail and then used just the outside die to cut the White card, this gives the detailed black die cut a platform to sit on. 

I have then die cut a circle in the middle of the Melbourne die cut to create another circle aperture. You may need to run the die through twice as its 2 thickness of card stock it's cutting. As its a plain circle shape, like mine, it should cut first time.

I have then stamped my sentiment onto white smooth card stock and placed my Melbourne aperture die cut on top using 3D foam pads. This gives the look you are looking into the die cut to read the sentiment. When stamping sentiments I always use Tuxedo Black ink pad by Memento. 

Added a hand tied bow and black and white pearls to compete the card.

Creative Expressions;
Sue Wilson Australian die collection;
 Melbourne die set - CED8105
Sue Wilson 8x8 paper pad;
 Classic Elegance Collection - CEPP0001
John Lockwood Elements stamps, scribble rose - CED712

Stix2;
9mm double sided tape
3D foam pads 
Silicone glue 
Pva glue with metal tip
Masking tape
Double sided adhesive sheets
8x8 card blank
8x8 cello bag

Bazzill basics;
Black smooth card stock
White textured card stock
White smooth card stock

Hunkydory crafts;
3mm white pearls 
3mm black gems

Additional items;
19mm black satin ribbon - Own stash 
"Yorkshire Dales" Guilding flakes - Indigo Blu
Tuxedo black Memento black ink pad


No comments: