Craft Buddy Brand Ambassador

Sunday 28 June 2015

"For you this Christmas" A5 card.

Hello, thank you for having a read of my blog post today. It's been a while since my last blog post. It's been a very busy few weeks where I have been chasing my tail. I left to go to New York on the 18th June so I was desperate to ensure that everything I needed to do was done before I left. My list was grown from my PapermillDirect design team work, addition work to help Hunkydory Crafts, commission card orders all to name a few. 
 I got there in the end. I even managed to have it all done and completed 2 nights before I left. I got back last week and straight back into working. 
 This week PMD have a 315gsm Navy Leather embossed card stock on offer at a cracking price. For £3.96, you get a small box of A4 Navy Leather card. That's a whopping 55% off the original price. 
 If you head across to PMD blog, where it is my week, you will see what I have created using dies as well as batch making theme. 
 The theme for all other additional card stock by PMD was early Christmas cards so after I made my blog post cards using the Navy Leather Embossed card (which isn't Christmas) I decided to make another card using the Navy Leather card stock but this time making a Christmas card and combining it with Hunkydory crafts little book of Feative poetry. 
 Below is the products Iv used as well as a step by step instructions. 

 
The products Iv used to create this card are; 
 
PMD;
Navy leather embossed card - 315gsm - PMD564.
White plain card 250gsm. (Plus card base)
White Supersmooth card 300gsm (insert) 

Stix2;
12mm double sided tape -FPAL27321250.
19mm x 38mm x 2mm foam pads - S57137.
Pva glue with metal tip - S56890
Silicone glue - S57100.
A4 die cut release sheets - S57326.
Non stick craft sheet - S57132.
Layer perfect metric - S57321.
Low tack stencil tape - S56994.
16mm white satin ribbon - S57212
9mm white satin ribbon - S57202.

Additional;
"For you this Christmas" topper "Little book of festive poetry" - Hunkydory.
3mm grey pearl gems - Hunkydory.
Broken China Distress ink - Ranger.
Holly flourish die - Cheery Lynn. 
9mm Blue satin ribbon - American Crafts.
A4 Snowflake embossing folder - Crafters Companion. 

1 - Cut a piece of White plain card to 8" x 5 1/2".

2 - Place inside your chosen embossing folder, in this case it's a snowflake embossing folder and run it through your embossing machine.

3 - Using a blending tool and Broken China distress ink pad, ink the edges of the snowflake embossed card. By distressing after you have embossed the card, you will see that the colour attracts more to the raised embossed area of the card/snowflakes.
 
4 - Mat and layer onto a piece of Navy Leather Embossed card stock that has a 3mm border all the way around.
 
5 - Wrap a piece of White and Navy ribbon round the layered card before placing onto the card blank. 

6 - Take your chosen Festive topper and mat and layer onto a piece of white card stock and Navy Leather card stock. Each layer having a 3mm border all around. 

7 - Attach the layered festive topper to the embossed card blank using 3D foam pads. Add a "blob" of silicone glue to the back of the 3D foam pads as this will ensure there's a permanent bond as sometimes the distress ink can resist the adhesive foam pad bond. 

8 - Die cut a holly flourish design onto white plain card stock and attach to your card. 

9 - Add 2 hand tied bows from White Satin ribbon and Blue satin ribbon and attach to ribbon border using silicone glue. 

10 - Add a few pearls to the corner.

www.facebook.com/craigscardcreations
www.stix2.co.uk
sales@stix2.co.uk
www.papermilldirect.co.uk

Craig x



No comments: