Craft Buddy Brand Ambassador

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Box full of votive love & Emerald Green!

Hello, its blog time again. How could I make a projects and not incorporate Yankee Candles. It just wouldn't seem right, would it lol. Every so often I like to give little votives as gifts and when I do, I pop them in a clear cello bag and tie with nice ribbon, but I wanted to do something different and come up with a wee box that holds votive candles just snuggly. I also wanted to have a wee apature that enables you too see exactly what the scent inside is but still give the box a touch of elegance. That's why I use a die in the centre of the top box.
 I am a massive fan of colours such Teal and Duck Egg so I decided to incorporate these 2 colours in with my boxes, both of which are by Papermill Direct, although the colour around the box is Sky Blue, it still has a look of Dug Egg. I used White plain card for the base of the boxes also from Papermill Direct. 
 I create the box by measuring the votive candles and my score board. Before assembling the boxes, I took a Tonic Studio die that is actually the centre of one of the large bow dies and ran it through my die cutting machine. I then back the apature with a piece of acetate. I then took a strip of the Sky Blue card and using a Tonic border punch I punched the stripped of card and using Stix2 PVA glue with metal tip, I adhered the strip all around the wee boxes. 
 I have kept the boxes "simple" and didn't use any gems or bows but of course you can add as many embellishments as you like. 

For lots more inspiration and ideas from the design team, head across to the Papermill Direct blog; 

While you are across at the Papermill Direct blog, check out their special offers as well as this weeks currents promotion - Emerald green. This is available WHILE STOCKS LAST, so get in quick. 
 Here is a card I have made using the Emebrald green card stock. When I seen the name Emerald green, for some reason I instantly thought of the Wizard of Oz! 



Did you know, if you sign up to Papermill Directs newsletter, you get a lovely 10% off your first order! No? Well follow this link to sign up;


The products I have used to create the votive boxes are as followed;

www.papermilldirect.co.uk -
Teal smooth card - 240gsm
Sky Blue smooth card - 240gsm
White plain card - 250gsm

www.stix2.co.uk -
PVA glue with metal tip - S56890
6mm red liner tape - S57090
Acetate - S57131

Additional products-
Now centre die - Tonic Studios.
Dotty lace border punch - Tonic Studios. 








 *I will come back with measurements, I wrote them down with all the details........and now I can't find them. I wanted to get this blog post up and ready for you all to see. 

www.facebook.com/craigscardcreations

Craig x






No comments: