Craft Buddy Brand Ambassador

Sunday 17 March 2013

Nearly Monday Again.

Evening everyone.
 
I hope you have all had a great weekend and been able to relax and craft. It will of been a week ago tomorrow since the news broke that unfortunately Kanban Crafts had gone in to administration. Certainly in the crafting world its left everyone in a bit of a daze. Especially all of us in the Design Team, not to mention all the lovely staff at head office who has lost their jobs. Because of this, many of us have gone back and looked at all the early collections we have, some dating 5/6 years. As soon as I came across this metallic collection earlier tonight, I had to dig it out and make some samples. I Loved this collection when it was released and I now remember why. These photos don't do the cards justice. The metallic sheen is so....well, metallic. not to mention how smooth it is. It also has a raised embossed textured feel on certain areas. Here are 3 samples I have made -
 
This is a DL sized card. The background image is matted and layered onto red mirri card aswell as the sentiments and border. Have added a red bow (I had no red ribbon left so I took a piece of white ribbon and coloured it using my promarkers. Also added a few red gems.
 
 
 
This A5 card is actually the 1st card I made tonight, I seemed to have a lot of blue stock left in the box, I don't know why as just by matting and layering it onto piece of dark blue Bazzill Basics card and wrapped white organza ribbon round the sides really makes it a stunning and elegant card. Just by adding a few extra touches such as the die cut swirls and a few clear gems just gives it that extra finishing touch.
 
 
This 3rd card is my favourite of the night, I have made it the same way I have made the previous A5 card but this one is an 8x8 square card, which is my favourite size at the moment. The only 2 differences are I have matted and layered the sentiments/toppers onto both dark blue Bazzill basics card and then onto Silver mirri card, then on the background I have added a small piece of white spider web just to give it a textured feel aswell as the smooth feel at the side.


 
I hope you like what you have seen and continue to come back and view more of my makes. I will be over time posting card makes using stock from all different companies from Crafters Companion, My Craft Studio, Joanna Sheen all to name a few. Also keep an eye out for what I consider a bad work in y crafting vocabulary - Hunkydory. Its no secret im not a big fan of the company or the quality however I do have a couple of old blockbuster collections that are sitting near enough unopened. So my plan is to make and sell these cards at special low cost prices.
 
 
Just catching up on a few things then it will be bed for me as up early for work then plenty to do in Card Creations. Quickly, talking of Card Creations, if your ever across on Facebook, please head over to my Facebook page where i upload majority of the cards I make.
 
 
Hope you have a good Monday and blog soon.
 
 
Craig xx


No comments: