Craft Buddy Brand Ambassador

Sunday 26 October 2014

Stix2 - Create your Calendar. September 2015.

What a busy weekend its been and I haven't been in my weekend work as been on holiday. Busy in my craft room - not that I'm complaining, lots to do for Stix2, Hunkydory, commission cards as well as cards for the cafe and prepping for Christmas, I won't lie the Christmas films and music has been on, in actual fact I was watching Home Alone last night. Who says men can't multitask - please don't comment to that Haha. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. I love it. I never take it for granted, I know there's so many people and families out there who arnt as lucky as me. I may have a serious illness but I always thank my lucky stars when I'm keeping well as I am now. 
 The this project I have been doing isn't christmas related, well it is in the fact it will be given as part of a Christmas present, but the main design isn't Christmas. I am ofcourse talking about the next month of my Create your own calendar by stix2. We are now 9 weeks till 2015 and 8 months still to create. I will however need to do the 8 months in 8 weeks if I want to give it as a gift for Christmas. Today I have been creating the month of September. I kept it very simple but tried to use a number of Stix2 products, liked the idea of keeping it 2 toned. I have also kept it quite touchy feeling on parts, the Center square is a piece of double sided sheet (4"x4") and I have rubbed the clear plastic beads over the top. It gives it a glistering look without using glitter. The calendar really is a very special gift to make for someone special or if your a grandparent give it blank to a child to draw on so they can make pictures for their mum and dad and then that can be a great gift for the children to give to their parents at Christmas. There's endless possibilities. Once 2015 is over, cut the top half of your calendar off and   discard the months on the bottom then buy a blank 12x12 scrap book and simply stick each month on to a 12x12 piece of card and insert it into your folder - you now have a scrap book. Just go for it and have fun. The products I have used are as followed;

Stix2 products;
 Make your own calendar - S57309.
 6mm double sided tape - FPAL2732625.
 6mm red liner tape - S57091.
 Silicone glue - S57100.
 Layer perfect metric - S57321.
 Double sided A4 adhesive sheets - S57107.
 A4 die cut release sheets - S57316.
 Clear plastic beads - S57333.
 1mm A4 foam pad sheet - S57182.
 5mmx5mmx3mm foam pads - S57083.
 Pick up pencil - S57265.
 Non stick craft sheet - S57132.
 
Additional items used;
 Light tan card stock - Bazzill Basics.
 Ivory card stock - Bazzill Basics.
 Ivory card candi - Craftwork Cards.
 Paw print embossing folder - Darice.
 




Craig x

www.stix2.co.uk
sales@stix2.co.uk


No comments: